The Climate Action Tracker will be active at COP24; here is an overview of our events and outputs.
We look forward to seeing you in Katowice!
- December 6, 10:00–10:30, Press Conference Room Katowice. Press Conference: Launch of EU Scaling Up Climate Action report. All welcome.
- December 6, 16:00–16:45, South Africa Pavilion (H9). Side Event: How can South Africa move toward a 1.5°C pathway? Scaling Up Climate Action and benefits in electricity, housing, and urban transport.
- December 8, 10:30–12:00, EU Pavilion (Vienna Room). Side Event: Tracking Progress on NDCs – gaps and needs on national and regional policy and research strategy.
- December 10, 16:30–18:30. Meet-the-experts at the EU Pavilion: Come and meet members of the CAT team in person outside the EU pavilion.
- December 11, 11:30–12:00, Press Conference Room Katowice. Press Conference: Launch of the CAT COP briefing including the global warming and emissions gap update and an assessment of country progress towards the Paris Agreement 1.5°C limit since Paris. All welcome.
- CAT COP24 Briefing including global temperature rise update. A central CAT output at the COP is always the global temperature rise and emissions gap update. We aggregate our analyses of current policy projections, pledges, and targets and estimate the resulting temperature increase. This year, our COP briefing will also evaluate whether countries are moving in the right direction since the Paris Agreement was adopted in 2015. The briefing will be released at our press conference on December 11, 11.30 am in Press Conference Room Katowice.
- Updated country pages on our website. We will update our analyses for all of the 32 countries that we track to reflect the impact of the most recent policy changes on projected emissions. Highlights include an estimate of the impact of Trump Administration policies on US emissions, a push and pull between coal use and renewables deployment in China, a new direction on energy planning in South Africa, and an update on deforestation in Brazil. Watch out for country updates being launched as the COP begins.
- Scaling Up Climate Action: South Africa and EU reports. The CAT Scaling Up Climate Action series is a new report series that considers options for countries to move their emissions towards a Paris Agreement compatible pathway and achieve significant benefits. The South Africa report is being released on November 28th; we will release the EU report during COP. You can look forward to similar reports on Argentina, Australia, Indonesia, and Turkey next year.